Building Your Success Story
- Recognize and accept your disability.
- Understand your disability and how it affects your life.
- Understand and value your unique strengths, talents and abilities.
- Learn strategies and techniques to work around your disability.
- Be goal-oriented and persevere in working toward and achieving positive results.
- Learn from failures and take action to change what's not working.
- Build a support network of teachers, family members, friends, counselors and co-workers.
In addition to taking advice from others, many adults with learning disabilities have learned to use assistive technology to help them be more successful and productive in school, at work and at home.
Success doesn't happen overnight. It's a continuous process of understanding your strengths and challenges, and then making adjustments as needed.