The Manager of Communications & Content will be responsible for working closely with all NCLD teams (policy, programs, development, and the executive team) to develop and execute content and communication strategies for internal and external stakeholders. This includes collaborating with consultants and contractors as necessary in the areas of media relations, social media, marketing, and web development. You will be responsible for generating new content for ncld.org as well as drafting and editing of online content and external communications such as fundraising emails, impact updates, and some media advisories and press releases as necessary.
You will manage the day-to-day web production needs for the main NCLD.org website as well as its digital resources for medical professionals (LD Navigator), educators (Get Ready to Read, RTI Network) and young adults (Friends of Quinn). As the manager of web content, you will manage content production process and requests and work closely with NCLD’s various teams and the Understood Outreach & Engagement team to leverage their expertise to strengthen the overall strategy for NCLD and its digital sites outside of Understood.org. You will be responsible for addressing any ncld.org website technical issues and working closely with web developers to solve them. You will oversee an upcoming redesign of ncld.org as well as any future builds or changes to the site, and work closely with consultants on those projects.
Ideal candidate is a self-starter with an interest in varied production and project management activities. Candidate should have an interest in the learning and attention issues community – existing knowledge not required but a passion for the NCLD mission a must. Candidate will work closely with the NCLD staff at 32 Laight (NYC) and the policy team in Washington, DC, developing content and communication strategies for NCLD.org.
- Establishes and oversees the process of working with relevant NCLD staff to develop content and communications strategies and execute against planned content calendar.
- Collaborates with consultants and other team members on communications. public relations, and marketing activities as they arise.
- Establishing and executing a vision and goals for organization-wide communication to NCLD’s board of directors, parent audience, and other stakeholders, ensuring a single, unified voice for the organization in all communications.
- Works with relevant NCLD teams to develop compelling, timely, and customized content.
- Works with relevant NCLD staff to draft and edit external communications including blog posts or other online content and email updates.
- Manages and oversees production needs for the suite of sites, including creating and implementing a new system for production requests.
- Establishes and oversees the process of troubleshooting website issues and oversees any future website redesign or updates (by web developer).
- Updates job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The Person: Required Experience and Qualifications, and Ideal Attributes:
- 5 years’ experience working in communications.
- Highly skilled at verbal and written communication, including drafting, editing, and managing the distribution of content.
- Experiencing in client management for a web resource a plus.
- Excellent project management skills and experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with individuals and cross-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to NCLD.
- Experienced in CSS, HTML, WordPress, Joomla.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and data interpretation.
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing planned and unplanned projects.
- Acute attention to detail, and dedication to quality assurance and follow-through.
- Prior knowledge of learning disabilities or educational law is not required, but a willingness to learn is essential. Please note any personal experience in your application.
- Completion of Bachelor level program.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. This position in located in the New York City office.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.