Coming Soon: Free New Online Resource for Parents
We have big news. This summer marks the beginning of an exciting new adventure—and it involves you.
NCLD and 14 other nonprofits have been developing a new digital destination for parents of children with learning and attention issues—and it’s unlike anything available today. It’s called Understood, and it’ll launch just in time for back to school.
Here’s how we got there. For more than 35 years, NCLD has supported those affected by learning and attention issues. Our programs, resources and tools have empowered parents, transformed schools, created policy and advocacy impact, and enabled young adults.
Understood is part of a bold new plan to support parents of children with learning and attention issues. Through research and interviews with thousands of parents, we’ve learned a lot about what people need to help their kids thrive at home, at school and in life. We developed Understood with that in mind.
Here’s just some of what you’ll find on Understood:
- Personalized resources—all you have to do is tell us what’s important to you and your child
- Over 1,500 searchable articles, infographics, slideshows, quizzes, and videos, with more added every day
- State-of-the-art technology that allows you to experience the world through the eyes of children with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD and executive functioning issues
- Daily opportunities to connect with experts and get your questions answered
- A community of parents and experts, creating a safe place to ask and answer questions
- Tools to help navigate daily parenting challenges, find the technology that’s right for your child, choose a school and more
Once Understood launches in September, you’ll notice some changes on our social media channels and in the way we interact with you via email. It’s more than just a new look and feel—and we’re excited to share the details with you over the next few weeks.