Checklist for Transitioning From High School to College
As you and your teen look ahead to college, make sure you’re both aware of key differences between high school and college: special education services and the laws that support and protect those with learning disabilities. There are no IEP’s in college!
This checklist provides
- Descriptions of key differences between high school and college
- “To do” items for your student to address while still in high school
- Options to consider when applying to colleges
- “To do” items for your student to address once he or she has been accepted to a college
- Reminders about the critical importance of self-advocacy
Download your FREE copy of the Checklist for Transitioning from High School to College (PDF) today!
Developed for NCLD by Colleen Lewis, Director of Disability Services, Columbia University