Back-to-School for Parents of Students With LD
What you’ll find inside
- Tips for building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with your child’s teacher and others at school involved in her education.
- Five essential skills that will help you advocate effectively for your child at school.
- An overview of your child’s legal rights to assessment and assistance with a (possible) learning disability – and your right to participate in the process.
- Suggestions for making the most of your parent-teacher conference before, during, and after the meeting.
- A handy worksheet to help you prepare for successful meetings with key players at your child’s school.
- Recommended resources to expand your knowledge on this topic.
Download your Back-to-School for Parents of Students with LD (13 pages), print, and go! (Note: You’ll need the Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader to download the file.)
This toolkit was made possible by a grant from Oak Foundation.