Archived Index and Summaries of NJCLD Reports 2001-Present
- Adolescent Literacy and Older Students with Learning Disabilities (2008)
This report describes the adolescent literacy problem (grades 4 to 12), its consequences, and contributing factors. Guiding principles for assessment, instruction and professional development, as well as recommendations for short-term and future consideration, are addressed.
- Executive Summary: Adolescent Literacy and Older Students with Learning Disabilities (2008)
- The Documentation Disconnect for Students with Learning Disabilities: Improving Access to Postsecondary Disability Services (2007)
- Learning Disabilities and Young Children: Identification and Intervention (October 2006)
- Responsiveness to Intervention and Learning Disabilities (2005)
Examines the concepts, potential benefits, practical issues, and unanswered questions associated with responsiveness to intervention (RTI) and learning disabilities (LD).
- Transition to School and Work: A blueprint for your child's success after high school (2004)
This brochure on transition planning makes a helpful resource for parents.
- State and District-Wide Assessments and Students with Learning Disabilities: A Guide for States and School Districts. (Original publication, 2004. Revised 2007)
This report highlights issues and offers guidance on sound implementation of state and district-wide assessments to ensure equal access by students with learning disabilities.
- “Collective Perspectives on Issues Affecting Learning Disabilities: Position Papers and Statements.”
NJCLD Publications from 1981 to 2001 are available in the second edition of “Collective Perspectives on Issues Affecting Learning Disabilities: Position Papers and Statements.” (2001). Austin, TX: Pro-Ed.