Position Title: Business Administrator
Reports to: President & CEO
Status: Full Time
NCLD Location: 1 Thomas Circle, NW, #700, Washington, DC, 20005
About the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
About the Position
The business administrator will provide support to the entire NCLD team, including direct support to the president and CEO of NCLD. His/her responsibilities will include operational, financial, and administrative management. We are a small team and we looking for someone who likes variety in their work tasks, is exceptionally organized and detail oriented. The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operations Support
- Provide office management assistance to the DC Office including receiving mail, ordering supplies, management of office-related vendors and the development and creation of office-related promotional materials
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Finance Support
- Working with accounting and management team to monitor spending, process payroll, and other tasks as needed
- Manage and track bank accounts
- Interact with Auditors and help to manage the audit process
- Receive, document, and acknowledge incoming donations
- Create and process check requests, travel reimbursements, and invoices as needed for program expenses
- Conduct credit card reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Support budgeting processes by tracking costs related to core team activities
- Administrative Support
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for NCLD’s President and CEO
- Maintain physical and electronic file organization systems
- Provide support for meeting logistics, including coordinating travel and researching and managing external venue sites as needed
- Manage and schedule team travel for meetings and conferences as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in business administration, management, or related field preferred.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Acute attention to detail, and dedication to quality assurance and follow-through.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of accounting and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for personal and professional excellence.
- Sense of humor.
- Passion and commitment to NCLD’s mission. Prior knowledge of learning disabilities and attention issues is not required, but a willingness to learn is essential.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Application: First Name Last Name, Business Administrator”
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on the organization, please visit our website at www.ncld.org.