National Center for Learning Disabilities
Headquarters: 32 Laight Street, Floor 2, New York, NY 10013
Reports to: Senior Director, Strategic Growth
Status: Full Time
The Mission and Vision
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) improves the lives of the 1 in 5 of us who struggle with brain-based learning and attention issues related to reading, math, writing, focus, organization and more. Our mission is to empower parents and young adults, transform schools and advocate for equal rights and opportunities for the 1 in 5. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social, and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work, and in life.
NCLD’s flagship program, Understood.org, began with a vision of giving all parents access to deep expert resources usually available to few. Through a collective of 15 nonprofits, with diverse strengths and capabilities, we were able to significantly increase our impact in a field where resources are scarce. As an innovative digital resource and community for parents of children with learning and attention issues, Understood.org has reached more than 34 million people since October 2014.
NCLD is currently looking to add capacity to a growing Development team. We are seeking a creative, driven digital fundraising officer to develop, execute, and manage multi-channel digital fundraising campaigns that mobilize our audiences to donate to the cause of learning and attention issues. Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Growth, the officer works with the Development department, other NCLD teams, and consultants on designing and executing campaigns intended to expand and engage NCLD’s online audiences and maximize opportunities to donate. A highly strategic individual with a commitment to excellence, the officer will deeply understand NCLD’s audiences through extensive analysis and develop compelling messaging that motivates them to contribute to the cause.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the development department lead on digital fundraising campaigns and digital donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Develop and implement strategies that will grow annual revenue from grassroots audiences.
- Translate program goals into smart digital campaign plans and creative tactics leveraging email, web content, SMS, social media, and paid advertising.
- Actively partner with the staff and consultants who are coordinating Understood’s marketing and email program effort, and represent a fundraising perspective in team meetings.
- Design and manage digital fundraising campaigns including but not restricted to the year-end Annual Appeal, GivingTuesday, Learning Disabilities Awareness Month, and sustaining donors:
- Draft compelling, heartfelt, and strategic email, web, and social copy that authentically represents how we deliver on our mission and is personalized to different audiences.
- Segment and pull donor and prospect lists from the eCRM; and manage email database as it relates to donors.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications teams on package design and digital implementation.
- Ensure website, email, and social media integration of campaigns.
- Draft acknowledgment email templates; manage stewardship calendar and related communications.
- Test different strategies, assess results, and consistently propose ways to improve tactics and use limited resources for maximum impact in fundraising and messaging.
- Establish strategy and goals for donor acquisition and donor upgrades.
- In collaboration with marketing and communications teams, support list growth strategies for NCLD and Understood audiences.
- Support cause marketing and digital fundraising campaigns emerging from NCLD’s corporate partnerships. Respond to and shepherd requests from corporations/individuals seeking to fundraise online on behalf of NCLD.
- Establish and regularly report out to senior leadership on Key Performance Indicators including: campaign revenue goals; response rate; donor growth and retention; number of gifts secured; average gift size; and signatory, appeal, and timing factors.
- Stay informed on industry trends, best practices, and innovative approaches. Research new digital fundraising technologies and techniques and make recommendations as appropriate.
Required Qualifications & Skill Sets
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in digital fundraising and marketing; Knowledge of digital engagement best practices.
- Proven track record in directing a successful integrated, multi-channel fundraising or marketing programs with a customer/donor focus.
- General understanding and experience with relational databases and eCRMs (Luminate, Salesforce, etc.) and constituent relationship management strategies and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to use data to drive decision making.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead projects from concept through execution with teams, with overlapping timelines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with individuals and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork.
- Strong work ethic and high standards for personal and professional excellence.
- Acute attention to detail, and dedication to quality assurance and follow-through.
- Sense of humor.
- Passion and commitment to NCLD’s mission. Prior knowledge of learning and attention issues is not required, but a willingness to learn is essential.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
For additional information on the organization, please visit their website at www.ncld.org.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues and more, please visit www.understood.org.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title “Job Application: First Name Last Name, Digital Fundraising Manager.