Title: Engagement Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Manager, Marketing Engagement, Understood.org
Location: New York, New York
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) is looking for an Engagement Marketing Coordinator for Understood.org, a program that focuses on supporting parents of the 1 in 5 kids in the U.S. with learning and attention issues, like dyslexia and ADHD. We are looking for someone who is interested in working at the intersection of digital media and social good. This role will report to the Senior Marketing Manager to support Understood’s engagement marketing and email program functions. The coordinator is responsible for supporting the planning, execution and analysis of owned communications as well as the digital channels of annual campaigns. A typical day will vary, but will have a heavy focus on Understood’s email marketing program.
- Operations management (50% of role)
- Serve as project manager to support NCLD and Understood email series launch timelines
- Produce, QA, test and schedule weekly emails and tests associated with various listservs
- Support testing and analysis associated with Understood’s CRM marketing tools and systems
- Reporting, research and analysis (25% of role)
- Conduct weekly and monthly reporting to assess marketing performance
- Suggest opportunities for optimization
- Maintain email best practices, including content strategies, data capture, deliverability and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Planning support (25% of role)
- Assist in brainstorming and communication planning
- Collaborate with other departments to deliver the best subscriber experience, including working with the content team to curate timely resources and with graphic designers on new creative concepts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of direct experience in email marketing, CRM programming or digital marketing
- Experience with HTML/CSS and/or an email service provider (ESP), like ExactTarget Marketing Cloud or MailChimp. Candidate should be comfortable in both quantitative analytics and creative thinking.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work collaboratively across teams
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong work ethic and high standards of excellence
- Positive attitude
- Spanish-language skills a plus
- Passion and commitment to NCLD’s mission. Prior knowledge of learning and attention issues is not required, but a willingness to learn is essential.
About Understood.org and the National Center for Learning Disabilities
Created in 2014 in collaboration with 14 nonprofit partners, Understood.org is a free online resource and community supporting parents of the 1 in 5 kids with learning and attention issues. Understood empowers millions of parents through personalized resources, daily access to experts, interactive tools and a supportive online and on-the-ground community. Winner of the 2015 Webby Award for Best Family/Parenting Site and the 2016 Cynopsis Award for Best Branded Digital Platform, Understood is available in English, Spanish and read-aloud mode. Understood is a program of the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD).
The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
More about Understood.org: https://www.understood.org/
More about the National Center for Learning Disabilities: https://www.ncld.org/
Please submit materials and inquiries to email@example.com