National Center for Learning Disabilities
32 Laight Street, New York, NY 10013
Reports to: Director of Partnerships
Status: Full-time employee
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) is hiring a Partnership Manager who will oversee a portfolio of nonprofit and for-profit partners to help advance the organization’s mission and goals.
The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities. NCLD is working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
Parents of kids with learning and attention issues are served by NCLD’s flagship program Understood.org, developed in collaboration with 14 nonprofit founding partners. Understood is a free resource that empowers millions of parents through personalized resources, daily access to experts, interactive tools and a supportive online and on-the-ground community. And, is the winner of the 2015 Webby Award for Best Family/Parenting Site and the 2016 Cynopsis Award for Best Branded Digital Platform.
The Partnership Manager will focus on developing and implementing partner specific strategies that support Understood’s priority goals:
- Increasing awareness and understanding, reducing stigma of learning and attention issues among parents.
- Connecting more parents to the resources available on Understood.org.
- Expanding the reach of and engagement in key campaigns including Back-to-School (End July-August) and Learning Disabilities Awareness Month (October).
- Mobilizing parents through digital and local efforts.
Partner management and program implementation (60% of time)
- Oversees and serves as the primary relationship manager for Understood’s portfolio of nonprofit and for-profit partners.
- Works under the supervision of NCLD’s Director of Partnerships and Understood’s Managing Director to develop and implement partnership strategies that will help achieve annual program goals.
- Initiates collaborative planning sessions with key internal teams to develop partnership activation ideas and detailed workplans to support implementation of partner programs.
- Supports the identification and assessment of new potential partners as needed.
- Provides project management support to ensure fulfillment and on-time delivery of partner deliverables.
- Analyzes partner programs to assess effectiveness and impact.
- Helps to maintain partner database.
- Prepares monthly internal and external communications that provide updates on key partnership initiatives.
- As needed, partners with NCLD’s development team to help develop joint grant proposals to help secure funding to support partner programs.
- Keeps current on issues of importance in the learning and attention issues field.
Campaign planning and execution (30% of time)
- Develops specific partnership strategies to extend the reach and visibility of large-scale marketing campaigns.
- Oversees development and implementation of partner specific tactics.
Meeting and event management (10% of time)
- Plans and executes key partner meetings.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of Understood and NCLD at key local, state, meetings and events.
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent project management skills, comfortable in a deadline-driven environment, proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven track record of using strong interpersonal communication skills to build and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, with individuals and cross-functional teams, within a fast-growing, fast-changing non-profit organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate ideas and information, confidently, effectively and compellingly to both internal and external stakeholders
- Listens carefully and is responsive to internal team and external partner feedback
- Experience planning and facilitating small to medium sized events and meetings
- Experience with goal setting, establishing, tracking and reporting against KPIs
- Comfortable analyzing data for the purposes of assessing and optimizing program impact
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to attend local events; willing to travel out-of-state 3 – 4 times per year
- Experience with digital marketing and social media a plus
- Experience working within a matrixed organization a plus
- Ability to easily adapt to change
- Strong work ethic and high standards of excellence
- Prior knowledge of learning and attention issues is not required, but a willingness to learn is essential
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Job Application: First Name Last Name, Partnership Manager”
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on the organization, please visit our website at www.ncld.org.