32 Laight Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013
About the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
We are looking for a Program Assistant to support key members of our leadership team which includes our Vice President K-12 Education, Senior Director, Young Adult Initiatives, and Chief Administrative Officer. Such duties will include; calendar management, meeting and event planning, written and verbal correspondence, coordination and arrangement of travel schedules, and other related functions as required. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a high-performing team in a well-established organization, to gain experience in program coordination, develop a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector and to contribute directly to initiatives that have an impact on young adults, families, and educators.
The Program Assistant will perform diverse administrative and program coordination duties for the NCLD leadership team. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and enjoys being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. In addition, a successful candidate will be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel), organizational systems (GSuite and Dropbox) and possess exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Meeting and calendar management
- Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings
- Resolve scheduling conflicts, respond to calendar changes and manage commitments as needed
- Communicate agendas for, and manage action items from, meetings
- Travel coordination
- Coordinate travel arrangements including air, hotel, ground transportation and meal reservations.
- Develop detailed travel itineraries
- Compile and submit travel and expense reimbursement reports
- Meeting and event planning
- Plan and execute logistics for regular meetings and special events
- Research and manage external venue sites as needed
- Perform meeting support tasks such as printing/copying documents
- Support creation and organization of presentations (internal and external)
- Administration Duties
- Process incoming mail and documenting donations to the organization
- Create and process check requests and invoices as needed for program expenses
- Conduct credit card reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Maintain physical and electronic file organization systems
- Work closely with other administrative support staff
- Answer calls as necessary and direct to the appropriate leader
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in MS Office and GSuite applications, with specific expertise in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Google Calendar.
- Experience in providing direct administrative support to multiple executive leaders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to anticipate others’ needs and be flexible as needs change
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of teams
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, problem solve, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with highly confidential information
- Ability to thrive in a hard-working, highly collaborative, fast-paced office culture
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Job Application: First Name Last Name, Program Assistant”
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates,or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on the organization, please visit our website at www.ncld.org.