Salesforce Administrator / Developer
Status: Contract (40 hrs/week)
Reports to: Marcos Franco Murillo
Email resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “(Your Name) – Salesforce Administrator / Developer Candidate”
The NCLD – Understood Salesforce.com Administrator / Developer will develop and maintain our Salesforce application to ensure continued delivery of innovative, high quality solutions to meet business needs for current departments using Salesforce, as well as building the necessary interface and tools to integrate new departments into Salesforce.
This position is responsible for the overall development, configuration, and operation of the instance against our long-term product roadmap, as well as the continuous improvement of the Salesforce tools for all users. The Salesforce Administrator / Developer will independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation, and updating tasks relating to the Salesforce system and other integrated applications under the guidance and supervision of our Operations Manager.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards for organization stakeholders in mobilization, marketing, and product
- Design and manage ongoing development and customization of the system to meet the organization’s requirements and mission
- Assist in establishing and performing recurring data hygiene best practices, de-duping and cleanup
- User maintenance, design and refine user training materials and manage user training
- Perform ongoing documentation and keep existing knowledge base up-to-date
- Provide timely recurring information related to releases and enhancements to meet communication requirements of the organization
- Analyze and review business, functional, and technical requirements in partnership with key stakeholders
- Provide support for quality assurance testing and defect resolution
- Prepare test data and plan and conduct basic unit or module testing
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to other developers for technical issues
The Person: Required Experience and Qualifications, and Ideal Attributes
- Min 2 years development experience with Salesforce.com (Apex and Visualforce) specifically with Salesforce Nonprofit Starter Pack
- Good understanding of Agile principles
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with JIRA
The Person: Desired Experience and Ideal Attributes
- Integration knowledge with Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, BounceExchange
- Marketing Cloud Maintenance
- Eager problem solver, effective collaborator, voracious learner
NCLD is one of 15 founding partners of the innovative online resource, Understood.org. Understood began with a dream to give parents everywhere access to the kind of resources usually only available to a few. We are striving to meet that dream with an entirely new, brand-forward, premium content destination and online community for parents. We are backed by a national cross-channel Ad Council media campaign that spans TV, outdoor and digital as we work to build a go-to resource for parents looking to help their child thrive. In our first 6months we were awarded Sitecore People’s Choice award and were named the Best Family/Parenting Site at the 19th Annual Webby Awards.
We’re a true product company with millions of monthly users; we are not sales or ad supported and that allows us to spend all of our time focusing on the ideal product and how to keep making it better. We are only beholden to our users. We are a small, nimble and collaborative team that works with top consultants, vendors, and organizations across the sector. We sit in cross-functional teams, use data and user research to drive decision making, and we love spending time with our users. We prioritize work that delivers impact at scale, is measurable and is achievable. Our team enjoys excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and offices in a collaborative, open loft space. You’ll be joining a team that is proud to be building a product that is thoughtful, high touch and high impact.
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) is a fast-paced, forward-thinking organization that is growing quickly. NCLD works to improve the lives of all people with learning difficulties and disabilities by empowering parents, enabling young adults, transforming schools and creating policy and advocacy impact. We envision a society in which every individual who struggles to learn possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life. NCLD manages and operates the Understood program.