National Center for Learning Disabilities
Location: 32 Laight St., Floor 2, New York, NY 10013
The Mission and Vision
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) works to improve the lives of the one in five individuals with learning and attention issues by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and creating policy and advocacy impact. We envision a society in which every individual who struggles to learn possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
NCLD is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our expanding team of dedicated professionals, committed to improving the lives of those with learning and attention issues. This role reports into the Director of Finance and is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger as well as our internal and external financial reporting. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in A/P, A/R, month-end closing processes, financial statement preparation, and financial statement analysis.
The Senior Accountant will collaborate across departments and program teams to provide relevant, accurate and timely financial information. It is essential that the person in this role be collaborative and responsive to cross team activities. We are looking for a thoughtful, reflective individuals with strong communication skills. As a growing organization, this role will participate as a collaborator in capacity building activities to help us find efficiencies in our processes.
NCLD is committed to fostering a vibrant culture that connects the team to each other through various initiatives, invests in our team through thoughtful professional development opportunities and sets clear standards of excellence and integrity to which we hold ourselves accountable. We’re looking for a passionate professionals to join the team so that we can make the biggest impact as an organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintaining general ledger and manages month-end closing process
- Prepares monthly financial reports
- Reconciles all bank accounts
- Reviews accounts payable and revenue transactions and posts to general ledger
- Tracks and reconciles temporarily restricted accounts and gifts
- Assists with formulation of and adherence to department budgets
- Prepares and analyzes journal entries associated with expense allocations, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and fixed assets
- Reconciles and analyzes monthly revenue and accounts receivable reports
- Analyzes monthly trial balance prior to close
- Maintains annual state filings and prepares new registrations applications
- Assists with year-end closing activities
- Assists with year-end financial audit
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit accounting and knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with grants and complex net asset releases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to successfully collaborate across teams
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raisers’ Edge
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the use of pivot tables and lookup functions. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
For additional information on the organization, please visit our website at www.ncld.org.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues and more, please visit www.understood.org.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title “Job Application: [First Name Last Name], Senior Accountant.