Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Reports to: President & CEO, NCLD
Location: New York City
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) is looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to support its CEO and President. We are looking for a skilled and experienced executive assistant to partner with the CEO to help us accomplish this work by ensuring the executive office is effective and efficient.
The Senior Executive Assistant will be a right hand to the CEO and needs to be an effective executor and strategist. They will have regular exposure to the chairman of the board and the senior leadership team of NCLD. We are looking for a strong, collaborative, highly empathetic administrative leader who will help clear the path to confidence for all they work with.
We are looking for a strong, collaborative and empathetic Senior Executive Assistant to support the President and CEO. This is a highly visible role with the opportunity for leadership. The Senior Executive Assistant will provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance and provides thoughtful strategic management of the CEO’s time and priorities.
The Senior Executive Assistant should be a warm and collaborative face of the CEO to internal and external partners. Their main duties include maintaining calendar, constantly monitoring electronic and telephonic communications, scheduling meetings, preparing daily materials and ensuring that the President and CEO’s activities align with her strategic priorities. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, think creatively, meet deadlines and communicate effectively.
- Schedule and inbox management support for the President & CEO
- Manage schedule and incoming requests
- Ensure timely responses to email communication
- Keep current on business and functional priorities to align schedules with appropriate deadlines and prioritize conflicts effectively.
- Ensure daily materials are prepared for each day
- Perform a variety of key support tasks as needed which may include:
- responding to requests for information
- preparing internal communications
- researching topics and drafting summaries
- the draft development of key presentations
- the evaluation of proposals
- the preparation of background reports on key topics.
- Perform a variety of project management tasks that focus on tracking and sometimes managing key initiatives
- 8+ years of executive assistant management experience
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills gained from practical management experience
- A natural leader with strong executive presence
- Ability to mentor other Administrative Assistants and streamline processes
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Proactive self starter that is effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Experience at either a digital property or a non-profit preferred
- Knowledge of learning and attention issues a plus but not required
The Mission and Vision
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD) improves the lives of the 1 in 5 of us who struggle with brain-based learning and attention issues related to reading, math, writing, focus, organization and more. Our mission is to empower parents and young adults, transform schools and advocate for equal rights and opportunities for the 1 in 5. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social, and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work, and in life.
NCLD’s flagship program, Understood.org, began with a vision of giving all parents access to deep expert resources usually available to few. Through a collective of 15 nonprofits, with diverse strengths and capabilities, we were able to significantly increase our impact in a field where resources are scarce. As an innovative digital resource and community for parents of children with learning and attention issues, Understood.org has reached more than 42 million people since October 2014.